-PRESS RELEASE PRESS RELEASE PRESS RELEASE PRESS RELEASE PRESS RELEASE PRESS RELEASE
Cunningham Short Story Competition 2019
Willowdown Books are pleased to announce the following eight short stories have been selected for the third international short story anthology, to entitled NINE FRAMES, created in memory of the late Robert Hamilton Cunningham, the maternal grandfather of the competition founder and editor Trevor Maynard
1. Press contact Trevor Maynard at email@example.com on 0 44 7966 079968 or by snail mail at Willowdown Books, 105 Crockford Park Road, Addletone, Surrey, UK, KT 15 2LP
2. The winning authors are: Teri Bran (UK/Aus), Dean Gessie (Canada), RD Givran (Canada), Kevin Michael Patrick (US/Spain), Mike Friers (UK), Piet Pedersson (UK), Greg Voss (US), and Lynne Zotalis (US)
3. Trevor Maynard set up the Cunningham Short Story Competition in honour of his maternal grandfather Robert Hamilton Cunningham (1911 – 2006), who was a bit of a raconteur, and a decent ballroom dancer. The brief for the competition was to tell a story of the world from eyes anew
The first prize in the 2018 anthology “Our World, Your Place” went to Rebecca Evans with VEILED
The winner of the 2019 anthology “Nine Frames” will be announced on publication on or around 15th August
5. An addition story, not in competition, “George” will be included by Trevor Maynard in honour of his paternal grandfather, George William Maynard (1916-2001), who could also spin a tale or two.
6. Trevor Maynard is a UK based poet, writer and editor. As well as the Cunningham Short Story Competition he is the editor of the international poetry anthology series THE POETIC BOND, now in its ninth year. His latest poetry collection is GREY SUN, DARK MOON. Trevor is also the author of several plays. Further information at http://www.trevormaynard.com
7. The Poetic Bond – the ethos behind choosing poetry for the modern audienece
The process of selecting poems for publishing The Poetic Bond series is unlike any other in that there is no set plan as to what will be published. It depends on the themes which emerge from the pool of work submitted, or to put it another way, the poetic energy which comes together at this certain time and place. Where themes emerge, patterns of energy harmonize, form bonds, connections, and these in turn lead to interconnected chapters, and the creation of a holistic volume, deeply connected with humanity, nature, and the universe.
PRESS RELEASE PRESS RELEASE PRESS RELEASE PRESS RELEASE PRESS RELEASE PRESS RELEASE